San Antonio's Northeast Baptist Hospital is an award-winning facility conveniently located along I-410 near San Antonio International Airport. Ranked a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital for 2013-14, the hospital offers extraordinary cardiovascular programs, advanced surgery options, and a variety of specialty centers. Emergent PCI and OB services are available onsite, as well as a geriatric psychiatric facility. Excellent specialty coverage (neurosurgery, ophthalmology, hand, etc.) is available across the five hospitals in San Antonio's Baptist Health System. ED physicians operate with an efficient "split-flow" ED process and enjoy a simple "one call" system for admissions and transfers. NPs and PAs practice independently in the ED, meaning physicians have no APP charts to sign.
- ED Volume: 48,000
- ED Beds: 19 (with 2 QuickCare beds)
- Patients/Hour: 2.3
- Admission Rate: 16%
- Trauma Designation: Level IV
- Coverage: 9-, 10-, and 11-hour shifts with 36 hours of physician coverage and 28 hours of APP coverage per day
- 100% physician scribe coverage
- Designated Senior ED area for geriatric patients
- Accredited Chest Pain Center and Primary Stroke Center
- Qualifications: BC/BP in emergency medicine preferred; BC/BP in a primary care specialty (FM/IM) accepted with emergency medicine experience
- Documentation: Cerner FirstNet
San Antonio is a city rich in history, culture, education and recreation. Residents enjoy all the advantages of life in a large city without sacrificing a sense of community and small-town vibe. Home of the Alamo, the San Antonio Spurs, and the famous River Walk promenade lined with cafes and shops, there is always something of interest to enjoy. Residential opportunities abound with historic, downtown area bungalows, to beautiful established estate homes, suburbs with outstanding public-school systems and rural areas for those preferring wide, open space. In addition to UT at San Antonio, there are numerous colleges and universities.