A part of Lifebridge Health System which also includes Sinai Hospital and Grace Medical Center, both in Baltimore. Northwest is a 240-bed not-for-profit hospital offering a wide range of patient services. Northwest Hospital’s philosophy of patient-centered care continues with their newly opened rapid evaluation unit. This new ideology substantially lowers wait times and assures a heightened accuracy of triage.
Randallstown is a suburban community located approximately six miles northwest of Baltimore with the exciting attractions of the city and its vibrant Inner Harbor area. It is also within one hour of the cultural and educational opportunities of Washington, D.C. The area has excellent schools and safe, friendly neighborhoods. The hospital is easily accessible from the I-695 beltway. The best qualities of urban and suburban life are combined in Randallstown.
Randallstown is in Baltimore County, Maryland just outside of Baltimore. The community has a population of 32,000 and is known for its ethnic diversity.
- ED Volume: 36,000
- 48 bed ED with significant coverage daily
- 45 hours of day physician coverage
- 69 hours of day APP coverage
- Admission rate 20%
- Observation services
- RAZ unit, exclusive to APPs, use APPs to their highest level of their professional license
- Cerner EMR System
- 20-bed observation unit exclusively for emergency medicine patients
- Approximately 10,000 obs patients/year
- Average patient length of stay <20 hours
- National observation program support and oversight