- St. Anthony Hospital is a Level I Trauma Center in Lakewood, Colorado, providing a full range of medical specialties and health care services to Denver and the surrounding metro areas at our state-of-the-art medical campus.
- Accredited & award winning chest pain center, neuroscience center, cancer center, and breast center with the most comprehensive screening technologies
The fifth-largest city in the Denver metro area, this suburb to the west of the city has one of the best views of the Rocky Mountain foothills. Lakewood’s relatively new downtown Belmar area, complete with shops, restaurants, a movie theater and pedestrian-friendly spots, has emerged on the site of a demolished shopping mall. Not only shoppers but golfers will also find their passions addressed here as Lakewood has two public golf courses. The outdoor Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Dinosaur Ridge and the Bandimere Speedway drag strip are nearby as well.
With more than 80 maintained parks, Lakewood is also one of Denver’s top places for outside activities. Bear Creek Lake Park is among the city’s most popular playground. Filled with a large fishing lake, paved and dirt biking and hiking trails, picnic areas and a summer water-skiing concessionaire, this 2,600-acre park has something for everyone. For mountain lovers, the steep terrain at Lakewood’s Hayden Park on Green Mountain offers a great workout and scenic mountain views.
- ED Volume: 43,000
- Level I Trauma Center
- 42 private ED treatment rooms
- Six dedicated trauma rooms
- Dedicated psychiatric area - four secured, monitored rooms
- CT in the emergency department for immediate access to life-saving CT scans
- Specialized care for seniors
- Epic EMR System
- 16-bed Observation Unit exclusively for emergency medicine patients
- Approximately 6,000 obs patients/year
- Average patient length of stay <20 hours
- National observation program support and oversight