- 150 bed, acute care hospital opened in 2008
- Penrose-St. Francis has been named One of America’s 50 Best Hospitals for 10 years in a row (2008 - 2017) by Healthgrades
- Southern Colorado's only Magnet Recognized hospital
- Emergency Medicine physicians actively engaged with all major hospital committees including: Chief of staff, Director of Peer Review, Credentials committee, Quality Committee
- ED Volume: 42,000
- Level III Trauma Center
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Emergency Medicine Excellence Award™ for 3 Years in a Row (2010-2012)
- Ranked Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Emergency Medicine for 3 Years in a Row (2010-2012)
- Five-Star Recipient for Emergency Medicine for 3 Years in a Row (2010-2012)
- 26 main ED treatment rooms
- New ED opening in 2019
- Close proximity to all radiology services, with bedside ultrasound
- Flexible documentation system using templates and voice recognition.
- Scribe service available
- Fully mature PA program with 15 years of full PA integration
- ED managed observation unit
- Incentive based compensation
- Approximately 3,000 patients/year
At the base of Pikes Peak, Colorado springs is home to the US Olympic committee, the Olympic training center, and the US Senior Open. And outdoor paradise, Colorado Springs has 265 miles of park and urban trails with over 5000 acres of open space. Close proximity to skiing, hiking, mountain biking, road biking and fishing make this a great community for families or outdoor enthusiasts. Voted the most desirable place to live in the US by US News and World Report, the #1 mountain community by Money Magazine, and Outside magazine’s “Best Town”, Colorado Springs has something for everyone.
With some of the best public schools systems in the state, Colorado Springs is a perfect place to raise a family that wants to live, work and play in the mountains.