St. Luke’s Baptist Hospital has provided the San Antonio community with quality, compassionate care in the South Texas Medical Center since 1978. Ranked a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital for 2013-14, emergent PCI and neurosurgery services are available onsite. Excellent specialty coverage (neurosurgery) is available across the five hospitals in San Antonio's Baptist Health System, along with adult and geriatric psychiatric facilities. ED physicians enjoy a simple "one call" system for admissions and transfers.
San Antonio is a city rich in history, culture, education and recreation. Residents enjoy all the advantages of life in a large city without sacrificing a sense of community and small-town vibe. Home of the Alamo, the San Antonio Spurs, and the famous River Walk promenade lined with cafes and shops, there is always something of interest to enjoy. Residential opportunities abound with historic, downtown area bungalows, to beautiful established estate homes, suburbs with outstanding public-school systems and rural areas for those preferring wide, open space. In addition to UT at San Antonio, there are numerous colleges and universities.
- ED Volume: 16,000
- ED Beds: 7
- Patients/Hour: 2.3
- Admission Rate: 25%
- Coverage: 8- hour shift during the week and 12-hour shifts on weekends with 24 hours of physician coverage per day.
- Trauma Designation: Level IV
- Accredited Chest Pain Center and designated Baptist Health System Brain/Stroke Center
- Qualifications: BC/BP in emergency medicine preferred
- Documentation: Cerner FirstNet