Fellowship - Allegheny Health Network
- Focus: A 2-year, mentored experience for early career clinical educators.
- Fellowship Director: Jestin Carlson, MD - [email protected]
- Fellows will work with local faculty and national leaders of USACS to learn how to create and provide cutting-edge education within the field of emergency medicine.
- Online Masters degree in Clinical Research for Health Professionals
- This is a 24-month online degree-granting program through Drexel University. Graduates are awarded a Masters of Science in clinical research techniques. The program focuses on developing skills that will enable the fellow to turn research ideas into successful research studies, apply for funding, collect and analyze data, and publish the results. Required coursework includes Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Research Ethics, along with Grant and Manuscript Writing. More information can be found at https://online.drexel.edu/online-degrees/biomedical-degrees/ms-crhp/index.aspx
- The focus of the mentorship will be on the pragmatic component of the fellowship: design and implementation of a clinical research project, data analysis and interpretation, and publication of the results
- A second major focus of the mentorship will be career development. The fellow will meet with Dr. Carlson to identify and refine research hypotheses, design the project, troubleshoot data collection, and develop analytic strategies. These meetings will also focus on opportunities to develop academically, with regard to grantsmanship, research collaboration, and opportunities to join national organizations
CONTACT THE Fellowship Director