- 166-bed community hospital part of the well respected Guthrie system since January, 2019
- Full service capabilities with most specialties represented on site
- Interventional cardiology, major trauma, neurosurgery, and pediatrics are transferred
- Hospitalist service is in-house 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- ED Volume: 30,000
- 25% admission rate
- Highly functional Emergency Department design
- Radiology suite and PAC system located in the ED with real time radiologist reads 24/7
- Broad mix of patient pathology, adult and pediatric
- Stroke Telemedicine coordination
- Minimal boarding of patients in ED
Cortland is a beautiful city in the desirable Finger Lakes region, 25 miles south of Syracuse. The town offers variety of residential options including established older communities, suburban subdivisions, the college-town environment of nearby Ithaca, and the southern suburbs of Syracuse. The region has highly regarded school systems, and is home to numerous colleges and universities, including Cornell, Ithaca, Syracuse & Cortland State Universities.
The many lakes for which the region is famous provide ample and picturesque water recreational opportunities; residents also have easy access to ski resorts, wineries, golf courses and some of the best mountain biking trails in the northeast.