These rules govern the USACS Video Challenge Contest (the “Contest”), sponsored by USACS Management Group, Ltd. (“Sponsor”).
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF SPONSOR, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of any one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia currently enrolled in an Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, combined EM/IM, or combined EM/FP Residency Program. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of USACS Management Group, Ltd., EMP Medical Group, Ltd., US Acute Care Solutions, LLC, and affiliated companies (collectively, "USACS") are not eligible.
- CONTEST SCHEDULE: You may enter the Contest beginning at 12:00 Noon Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") on 10/16/16 and ending at 12:00 Noon EST on 12/7/16 ("Contest Period"). Entries must be received by Sponsor by 12:00 Noon EST on 12/7/2016 to be considered.
Beginning at 12:00 Noon Eastern Standard Time ("EST") on 12/14/16 and continuing up to 12:00 Noon EST on 1/30/17, videos will be displayed for voting on www.usacs.com ("Voting Period"). Videos that receive 1,000 or more votes during the Voting Period will then be entered in the Juried Judging phase, during which a panel of judges will select the First Prize, Second Prize and Third Prize winners.
- TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, go to http://www.usacs.com ("Web Site"), during the Contest Period, and click on the link for the USACS Video Challenge Contest registration and upload page. Follow the on-screen instructions to properly complete and submit a registration form for the Contest. When prompted, you will be asked to upload your original Submission to the Web Site.
To complete the registration process and upload your Submission, you must acknowledge that (a) you have read these Official Rules or had them read to you, (b) you accept and are in agreement with these Official Rules, and (c) you have received permission for the use of the image/likeness of any and all identifiable persons appearing in your Submission. For each such identifiable person, including yourself if you appear in the video, you also must submit a signed Video Talent Release Form (Download Adobe Acrobat) in which that person grants Sponsor permission to use his or her image/likeness included in the video.
Submissions that do not include all required information and adhere to the Official Rules as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will be considered void. Once uploaded, Submission will not be returned. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, remove, delete and/or disqualify any Submission it deems inappropriate or otherwise non-compliant.
The person uploading the Submission will be deemed the entrant ("Entrant"), and must own the email address provided as the contact email for the Submission. If any group elects to collaborate on a Submission, they are required to designate one (1) person as the agent of the group to enter the Contest, agree to these rules and accept the prize on behalf of the group. Sponsor is not liable for any disputes between collaborators arising under or related to the Contest.
Each individual Entrant is allowed a total of one (1) Submission.
CREATIVE ASSIGNMENT: Create a short Video (around three minutes) that communicates why your Residency Program is “The Best in Acute Care” (the “Submission”). Go for entertaining, informative or funny. It's up to you. Then write it, shoot it and submit it.
If your Submission complies with all the requirements of these Official Rules, it will be displayed on www.usacs.com for public voting beginning on December 14, 2016.
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS: Your Submission must be uploaded as a Video File in one of the following file formats: .MPEG; .MOV; .AVI; .WMV
The Video file size should be kept at or under 100 MB for quicker upload/encoding time.
All video submissions shot in 16:9 aspect ratio must be ready for center cut extraction.
- must be the original work of the Entrant produced for this Contest;
- must not have been entered in or won previous contests or awards;
- must not have been published previously in any medium;
- must not infringe any party's intellectual property or other rights;
- must be primarily in English;
- must be suitable for display and publication on a publically accessible web site (i.e., may not be obscene or indecent, including but not limited to including nudity or profanity);
- must not contain obscene or pornographic material;
- must not contain defamatory statements (including but not limited to words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group);
- must not include threats to any person, place, business, group or world peace;
- must not invade the privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity;
- must not in any way violate applicable laws and regulations;
- must not feature or refer to any other Residency Programs other than your own;
- it must not feature or reference any copyrighted material (including, but not limited to, music, artwork, photos or videos that you did not create) ; and
- it must not feature or reference third party trademarks, names or third party logos.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove or blur or to ask the applicable Entrant to remove or blur any non-material elements (e.g. small logos on clothing, artwork hanging in the background, etc.) rather than disqualify an otherwise compliant Submission.
It is Entrant’s sole obligation to ensure that Entrant has obtained any and all permissions necessary for production and publication of the Submission, including, if applicable:
- permission to use the likeness/image of each identifiable person appearing in the Submission;
- permission to use and film particular locations; and
- permission to identify Entrant’s Residency Program in the Submission and/or Contest.
By entering the Contest, each Entrant represents and warrants that his or her Submission complies with these Official Rules, including each of the above-mentioned Submission Requirements.
All Submissions will be reviewed for content before being published or judged; however, such review does not relieve Entrant from responsibility for compliance with these Official Rules. Submissions that do not comply in all material respects with these Official Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited, or inappropriate content as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified and will not be published or considered for prizes. Sponsor makes the final determination as to which Submissions are eligible to take part in this Contest and be considered for a Finalist Prize.
Any person or entity who believes a Submission violates his/her/its rights, or otherwise objects to such Submission as violating these Official Rules or applicable law, should contact the Contest Sponsor immediately at the following email or phone number:
330-493-4443 ext. 1349
Certain Submissions may be featured from time to time on the Web Site during the Contest Period, in Sponsor's sole discretion; being selected as a featured Submission is unrelated to the Judging Criteria.
- RIGHTS IN SUBMISSIONS: BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST AND UPLOADING YOUR SUBMISSION, AND IN CONSIDERATION FOR PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, YOU AGREE TO IRREVOCABLY ASSIGN AND TRANSFER TO THE SPONSOR ANY AND ALL RIGHTS, TITLE AND INTEREST IN YOUR SUBMISSION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL COPYRIGHTS, IN THE UNITED STATES AND THROUGHOUT THE WORLD, AND YOU AGREE THAT SPONSOR MAY TRANSFER, ASSIGN OR LICENSE ITS RIGHTS, TITLE AND INTEREST IN YOUR SUBMISSION, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU. YOU FURTHER AGREE TO IRREVOCABLY GRANT TO SPONSOR THE EXCLUSIVE, UNCONDITIONAL AND PERPETUAL RIGHT TO POST, DISPLAY, PUBLISH, USE, ADAPT, EDIT AND/OR MODIFY SUCH SUBMISSION IN ANY WAY, IN ANY AND ALL MEDIA, FOR ANY PURPOSE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, AND WITHOUT FURTHER CONSIDERATION TO YOU.
ALL CONTEST ENTRANTS FURTHER AGREE TO RELEASE AND INDEMNIFY AND HOLD SPONSOR HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS THAT ANY COMMERCIAL, ADVERTISING, PRESENTATION, WEB CONTENT OR ANY OTHER MATERIAL SUBSEQUENTLY PRODUCED, PRESENTED, AND/OR PREPARED BY OR ON BEHALF OF SPONSOR INFRINGES ON ENTRANT’S RIGHTS IN ANY WORK CONTAINED IN ENTRANT’S SUBMISSION. Sponsor reserves the right to alter, change or modify any Submission, in its sole discretion.
To the extent applicable, by entering the Contest and uploading your Submission Entrant further agrees to waive in favor of Sponsor all rights of "Droit Moral" or "Moral Rights of Authors" or any similar rights or principles of law that Entrant may now or later have to his/her Submission.
Upon request of Sponsor, Entrant shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Sponsor reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the Submission and of the copyrights transferred and "Moral Rights of Authors" waived under these Official Rules. Should Sponsor fail to request said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor's rights and Sponsor may at a later time request execution of said assignment.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: All Submissions that comply with these Official Rules will be posted for the public to vote on their favorite at http://www.usacs.com starting on 12/14/16 at 12:00 Noon EST and ending on 1/30/17 at 12:00 Noon EST ("Voting Period"). At the close of the Voting Period , Entrants whose Submissions have received at least 1,000 (one thousand) votes (“Finalists”) will receive a $100 Amazon Gift Card (“Finalist Prize”), and will be entered into a Juried Judging to choose the top three Submissions based on the Judging Criteria listed below. The Juried Judging will determine the top three entries, based on a First, Second and Third ranking, which entries shall each be awarded a Juried Judging Prize. The first place winning entrant will receive $5,000 and their Residency Program will receive $10,000. Second place wins $2,500 for the entrant and $5,000 for their Residency Program, and third place wins $1,000 for the entrant and $2,000 for the Residency Program.
JURIED JUDGING CRITERIA:
Judging Criteria ("Judging Criteria") is as follows:
(#1) Originality and Creativity - 40%
(#2) Adherence to Creative Assignment - 30%
(#3) Overall Appeal - 30%
During the Voting Period, individuals may vote one time per day (based on a 24 hour calendar day), and must provide a confirmed email address to vote. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like voting methods will void all such votes. Any attempt by an Entrant and/or his/her family/friends to vote more than the number of times authorized herein by using multiple names, email addresses, phone numbers and/or any other fraudulent mechanism, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, may result in disqualification of the Submission.
Limit one (1) Finalist Prize per person per Contest Period. Limit one (1) Juried Judging Prize per Residency Program per Contest Period.
Entrants agree that the Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Contest and that all decisions of Sponsor are final and binding.
- PRIZE DETAILS:
FINALIST PRIZES: Each Entrant whose Submission qualifies for publication on www.usacs.com and receives at least 1,000 (one thousand) votes during the Voting Period will receive a $100 Amazon Gift Card. The number of Finalist Prizes awarded, and the Maximum Total ARV of all Finalist Prizes, depends on the number of Submissions that receive at least 1,000 (one thousand) votes.
THREE (3) JURIED JUDGING PRIZES: The top three Submissions as voted by the Juried Judging will be awarded Juried Judging Prizes as follows: First Place Entrant will receive $5,000 and their Residency Program will receive $10,000. Second Place Entrant wins $2,500 and their Residency Program will receive $5,000, and Third Place Entrant wins $1,000 and their residency program will receive $2,000.
THE MAXIMUM TOTAL ARV OF JURIED JUDGING PRIZES IN CONTEST IS: $25,500.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: All Entrants must have a valid email address. Finalists are solely responsible for any taxes on their respective prizes, and will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the value of their prize. No substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes are non-transferable. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest. Further, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any Sponsor or Contest-related Web Site; (b) violating the Official Rules; (c) violating the Web Site terms of service, conditions of use and/or applicable general rules or guidelines; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. This Contest is offered only in the United States and is governed by the laws of the state of Ohio. All claims relating in any manner to this Contest or to any Submission must be resolved in the federal or state courts with jurisdiction over disputes situated within Stark County, Ohio.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER WITH OR VANDALIZE THIS WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Finalists will be notified by phone and/or email by 2/10/17. At the sole discretion of Sponsor, Finalists may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, a Copyright Assignment, or, where lawful, a Publicity Release, to receive their prize. Failure to comply with Sponsor’s requests to execute and return such documents within a time period specified by Sponsor shall be grounds to forfeit Entrant’s prize, and if Entrant has been awarded a Juried Judging Prize, an alternate Finalist may be selected. If attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, if a Finalist cannot be verified, or if a Finalist is otherwise unable to accept prize, such prize will be forfeited, and may be awarded to an alternate Finalist, in Sponsor's discretion.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor, USACS, their affiliates, related companies, employees, contractors, officers and directors (collectively, “Released Parties”) resulting from any user's participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with participating in the Contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by Released Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention in the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web Site. Use of Web Site is at user's own risk. Released Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Web Site or the download of any information from the Web Site. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant releases Released Parties from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such Entrant's participation in the Contest. By accepting a prize in the Contest, Entrant agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless Released Parties from any and all liability, loss, injury, damage, cost or claim relating to or resulting from participation in the Contest and the acceptance or use of any prize. Released Parties are not liable in the event that any portion of the Contest is cancelled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a "Force Majeure Event").
- SPONSOR: USACS Management Group, Ltd. (“USACS”) 4535 Dressler Rd. NW Canton, OH 44701.