West Medical Center
West Medical Center is a state-of-the-art, 238-bed acute care hospital offering open heart surgery, computerized brain and spinal surgery, advanced MRI and CT scanning, geriatric psychiatry, luxurious labor and delivery suites, same-day surgery, intensive care, emergency care, and more. An adjacent medical office building provides easy access to primary care physicians and a broad range of specialists.
- Certified Chest Pain Center and Primary Stroke Center
- 28 private treatment rooms with bedside registration
- Specialized treatment rooms which include three large resuscitation rooms, dedicated reverse isolation room, and a decontamination room
- In addition to medicine, neurology, GI, cardiology, general surgery, and orthopedics, the ED has robust specialist coverage including plastics, hand, facial trauma, ENT, ophthalmology, dental, ankle trauma
- Dedicated psychiatric social worker who staffs the ED 24/7/365
Willoughby is a historic suburb of Cleveland, which is just 18 miles away. The Willoughby community is proximate to east Cleveland’s most desirable residential areas and school districts including Shaker Heights, Mentor, Painesville and more. The metropolitan amenities of Cleveland include world class dining and shopping, professional sports, and theater, plus abundant outdoor recreation at many local parks and the Lake Erie shore.
Outdoor recreational activities are popular in Willoughby, and the city’s close proximity to Lake Erie makes it a good jumping-off point for boating and fishing excursions. It is also home to Lake Metroparks Farmpark, which is a combination of farm, science center and zoo. A variety of activities is offered throughout the year.
Cleveland Hopkins International Airport is easily accessible and offers many flight options.
For additional information, visit City Data.