You got into medicine to do one thing: care for patients. You've come to the right place.
Ours is a physician-owned group, the largest in the nation, meaning we have built a model that allows our physicians to focus on our mission: to care for patients. It also means we are built to last, with the size, resources, and opportunities of a national company.
At US Acute Care Solutions you will get ownership in the group, access to the very best post-residency continuing medical education in the nation, and a culture devoted to constant improvement by practicing evidence, science-based medicine. But most importantly, you’ll get colleagues who, as leaders of their own destiny, are committed to a culture of shared ownership over our common goal: outstanding patient care.
- 228-bed hospital
- Part of the Allegheny Health Network (AHN)
- All major specialties are represented including cardiology (non-invasive) and surgical subspecialties
- Responsive lab and x-ray; radiology is adjacent to the emergency department; tele radiology at night
- 24-hour CT and ultrasound; MRI on site
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Telestroke program through Allegheny General Hospital
- ED Volume: 32,000
- 19% admission rate
- $13 million renovation project completed in 2011 included state-of-the-art ED with 24 rooms
- Active in EMS, 13 local squads, helipad on site
- EMS telemedicine program in which patients are fed from 16 services
- EMS teaching options are available for interested physicians
- Broad pathology includes cardiac, geriatric, medical, orthopedic, and pediatric patients with minimal trauma
- Dedicated, well-trained and experienced emergency nurses
- Case management and Social work available in the ED
Ranked by many sources as one of America’s most livable cities, Pittsburgh is a sophisticated metropolitan area with a hometown feel, and is truly a wonderful place to live and work. From world class museums, theater, symphony and all cultural options, to professional sports (Pirates baseball, Steelers football, Penguin hockey and Riverhounds soccer), outstanding shopping and dining, and easy access to some of the best outdoor recreation in the northeast Pittsburgh has something for everyone. The region continues its renaissance with development of the waterfront and thriving metropolitan areas in town, and highly desirable suburbs with public and private schools ranked among the top 20% in the nation. Secondary education includes the University of Pittsburgh, Carnegie Mellon University, Robert Morris University, and Penn State branch campuses, plus many other smaller colleges.