You got into medicine to do one thing: care for patients. You've come to the right place.
Ours is a physician-owned group, the largest in the nation, meaning we have built a model that allows our physicians to focus on our mission: to care for patients. It also means we are built to last, with the size, resources, and opportunities of a national company.
At US Acute Care Solutions you will get ownership in the group, access to the very best post-residency continuing medical education in the nation, and a culture devoted to constant improvement by practicing evidence, science-based medicine. But most importantly, you’ll get colleagues who, as leaders of their own destiny, are committed to a culture of shared ownership over our common goal: outstanding patient care.
THE BENEFITS OF PHYSICIAN OWNERSHIP:
• Equity for all full-time physicians
• Industry-leading, company funded 401k
• Annual CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
• Outstanding Professional development programs
• Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
• Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
• Pioneering Paid Military Leave
• Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
• The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
• Location flexibility and stability of a national group
St. Luke’s Baptist Hospital has provided the San Antonio community with quality, compassionate care in the South Texas Medical Center since 1978. Ranked a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital for 2013-14, emergent PCI and neurosurgery services are available onsite. Excellent specialty coverage (neurosurgery) is available across the five hospitals in San Antonio's Baptist Health System, along with adult and geriatric psychiatric facilities. ED physicians enjoy a simple "one call" system for admissions and transfers.
- ED Beds: 7
- Patients/Hour: 2.3
- Admission Rate: 25%
- Coverage: 12-hour shifts with 24 hours of physician coverage per day; flex-shift NP/PA backup coverage
- 100% physician scribe coverage
- Trauma Designation: Level IV
- Accredited Chest Pain Center and designated Baptist Health System Brain/Stroke Center
- Qualifications: BC/BP in emergency medicine preferred; BC/BP in a primary care specialty (FM/IM) accepted with emergency medicine experience
- Documentation: Cerner FirstNet
San Antonio is a city rich in history, culture, education and recreation. Residents enjoy all the advantages of life in a large city without sacrificing a sense of community and small-town vibe. Home of the Alamo, the San Antonio Spurs, and the famous River Walk promenade lined with cafes and shops, there is always something of interest to enjoy. Residential opportunities abound with historic, downtown area bungalows, to beautiful established estate homes, suburbs with outstanding public-school systems and rural areas for those preferring wide, open space. In addition to UT at San Antonio, there are numerous colleges and universities.