You got into medicine to do one thing: care for patients. You've come to the right place.
Ours is a physician-owned group, the largest in the nation, meaning we have built a model that allows our physicians to focus on our mission: to care for patients. It also means we are built to last, with the size, resources, and opportunities of a national company.
At US Acute Care Solutions you will get ownership in the group, access to the very best post-residency continuing medical education in the nation, and a culture devoted to constant improvement by practicing evidence, science-based medicine. But most importantly, you’ll get colleagues who, as leaders of their own destiny, are committed to a culture of shared ownership over our common goal: outstanding patient care.
- 350-bed community hospital situated in a wonderful, mid-sized town on the eastern seaboard
- CarolinaEast is North Carolina's only continually rated 5 star hospital.
- Medical staff of over 230 representing most major specialties, including: hospitalist admissions, general surgery admissions, orthopedics, ENT, Urology, Spine Surgery, Interventional Radiology, Interventional cardiology, Thoracic/Cardiovascular Surgery, inpatient psychiatry, GI, nephrology, ENT, Urology,
- In addition to Internal Medicine Hospitalist service, we have Pediatric Hospitalists, General Surgery Hospitalists, Orthopedic Surgery Hospitalists, and Critical Care Hospitalists for admissions.
- Code Stroke program in coordination with East Carolina University facilitates easy transfers for patients needing acute neuromuscular interventions.
- Modern equipment includes helical and conventional CT scanners, MRI (3-T) and PET-CT
- Responsive lab and x-ray with turnaround times of less than one hour; primary service provider for a three-county area; and regional health center for a five-county area
- Primary service provider for a three-county area; and regional health center for a five-county area
- ED Volume: 65,000
- Brand new ED completed in 2020 has 58 care spaces, including many medical treatment rooms, locked behavioral health unit, super track, ambulatory patient care area, 2 state of art trauma resuscitation bays, etc
- 20% admission rate, representing 35-40% of total hospital admissions
- Dedicated ED plain film radiology room
- Dedicated ED CT scanner coming in 2020 hospital expansion.
- 1 brand new Sonosite US Forte machine dedicated to ED for POC US. Another new US coming to ED as part of 2020 hospital expansion
- New video laryngoscopy equipment added in 2019
- Mini labs in ED and super track areas use Point of Care Testing
- Double physician coverage during most of the day
- The main ED and minor care rooms are staffed with advanced practice practitioners (APP’s)
- Provider in Triage staffed by APPs during high volume periods
- Flexible documentation system using templates and voice recognition
- Emergency physicians do not write admitting orders. Internal Medicine, intensive care, pediatric, general surgery and orthopedic hospitalist perform almost all admissions
- Excellent ACLS certified nursing staff
New Bern is a picturesque, near-coastal town with outstanding views situated at the confluence of the Trent and Neuse Rivers with a population of 30,000 people. There are river views in virtually all directions, a thriving downtown with lots of restaurants, boutiques, antique stores, and multiple historical attractions (New Bern is the second oldest town in NC). There are also loads of outdoor activities available with easy access to multiple walking trails as well as the Atlantic coast by boat or car. Low cost of living with quality housing options are available in communities with excellent schools including private and parochial options. Enjoy a high quality of life with abundant recreational amenities.
New Bern is also home to a beautiful new airport providing frequent flights and easy access to connections through Charlotte on US Airways and Atlanta on Delta.