You got into medicine to do one thing: care for patients. You've come to the right place.
Ours is a physician-owned group, the largest in the nation, meaning we have built a model that allows our physicians to focus on our mission: to care for patients. It also means we are built to last, with the size, resources, and opportunities of a national company.
At US Acute Care Solutions you will get ownership in the group, access to the very best post-residency continuing medical education in the nation, and a culture devoted to constant improvement by practicing evidence, science-based medicine. But most importantly, you’ll get colleagues who, as leaders of their own destiny, are committed to a culture of shared ownership over our common goal: outstanding patient care.
THE BENEFITS OF PHYSICIAN OWNERSHIP:
• Equity for all full-time physicians
• Industry-leading, company funded 401k
• Annual CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
• Outstanding Professional development programs
• Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
• Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
• Pioneering Paid Military Leave
• Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
• The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
• Location flexibility and stability of a national group
Peterson Regional Medical Center moved into its new 124-bed facility in April 2008. Named for local businessman Sid Peterson, this private hospital was named one of the “Top 20” Rural Community Hospitals in the nation—the only hospital in Texas on the list. It serves a primary service area of over 45,000 people.
Specialty backup includes Cardiology, ENT, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Hematology/Oncology, Nephrology, Neurology, Orthopedic Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ophthalmology, Pulmonology, Radiology and Interventional Radiology, Urology, and Vascular Surgery. Hospitalists admit 85% of patients from the Emergency Department. Specialty backup does not include dialysis, Infectious Disease, Percutaneous Coronary Intervention, major trauma, Neurosurgery, Ortho-Hand, Ortho-Spine, or Pediatrics—Patient requiring these specialties are transferred to nearby San Antonio. STEMI patients are treated with TNKase within 30 minutes prior to transfer. Stroke patients who receive fibrinolytics or who meet criteria for arterial thrombectomy are also transferred to San Antonio.
- ED Beds: 20
- Patients/Hour: 1.8
- Admission Rate: 20%
- Transfer Rate: 4%
- Coverage: 10- to 11-hour physician shifts with 31 hours of total physician coverage per day, plus 2 overlapping 10-hour APP shifts per day
- Qualifications: BC/BP in Emergency Medicine preferred
- Documentation: Meditech pDoc (version 6.1)
- Excellent nursing staff with strong, experienced nursing leadership
- Results Pending Area
Medical professionals in Kerrville enjoy a lifestyle that blends all the best aspects of rural, suburban, and urban life. With excellent housing, real estate costs, and state- and nationally-distinguished schools, Kerrville is the perfect hometown for families. Outdoor recreational activities such as flying, hunting, fishing, hiking, biking, kayaking, triathlons, and photography abound in this beautiful area of the Texas Hill Country. Since both San Antonio and Austin are within a one- to two-hour drive, Kerrville is a perfect choice for physicians who want to practice in a smaller community with metropolitan amenities nearby.