- Mercy Medical Center Merced (MMCM) provides the opportunity to teach in the Family Practice Residency Program.
- High acuity clinical practice
- Scribe Coverage 24/7
- On-call services: All major specialties covered including GI and Cardiology 24/7
- Cerner EMR System with Dragon dictation
- Newly built Common Spirit Heart state-of-the-art facility
Merced is located in the heart of California’s agricultural Central Valley. It’s a dynamic, mid-size community, with a friendly small-town atmosphere. UC Merced provides new educational and economic opportunities to the already-established growth of the region. Merced’s population is youthful, diverse and includes an affordable housing market just several hours from San Francisco, Santa Cruz, Monterey Bay, Yosemite and California’s famed wine country.
Also, Merced is home of the newest University of California campus, with plans for a medical school to be built in the future.
- ED Volume: 59,000
- 26- bed emergency department
- Collaborative physician and APP staffing patterns
- Schedule/hours: 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 a.m.
- Medical Setting: Inpatient
- Volume: 1-2 deliveries per day, 1-2 inpatients per day
- Procedures: Deliveries, C-sections, D&Cs, Ectopic pregnancies
- Support Staff: Back up OB Hospitalist on call, same floor 8-bed intermediate level II NICU
- EMR: Cerner