- Mercy Medical Center Merced (MMCM) provides the opportunity to teach in the Family Practice Residency Program.
- High acuity clinical practice
- Scribe Coverage 24/7
- On-call services: All major specialties covered including GI and Cardiology 24/7
- Cerner EMR System
Merced is located in the heart of California’s agricultural Central Valley. It’s a dynamic, mid-size community, with a friendly small-town atmosphere. UC Merced provides new educational and economic opportunities to the already established growth of the region. Merced’s population is youthful, diverse and includes an affordable housing market just several hours from San Francisco, Santa Cruz, Monterey Bay, Yosemite and California’s famed wine country.
- ED Volume: 57,000
- 26- bed emergency department
- 55 hours of physician coverage daily
- 50 hours of APP coverage
- 9-hour shifts
- Double coverage
- High Acuity ER: 60% of patients are handled in triage