Emergency Medicine - Associate Medical Director
- ED Volume: 52,000
- New 39-bed ED provides for a highly functioning department
- Rapid Front End Process
- Hosts a USACS post-graduate APP program
- Fellowship opportunities available
- The modern and well-equipped department includes two ultrasound machines, two types of video laryngoscopes
- The hospital provides full diagnostic and lab capabilities including CT and ultrasound
- Among the most experienced nursing staff in the region
- Active in EMS, Saint Vincent’s emergency department provides a medical command to multiple services and offers education and training to local EMS personnel
- For stroke care, Saint Vincent Hospital collaborates with Allegheny General Teleneurology and serves as a Joint Commission Accredited Primary Stroke Center
- Epic EMR
- Equity ownership for all full-time physicians
- Industry-leading 10% company funded 401(k)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Annual CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Medical Malpractice with tail and litigation support
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Groundbreaking 100% Paid Parental Leave
- Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
- National Clinical Governance Board (NCGB) of internally elected clinicians
- Clinical Management Tools (CMTs)
- 24/7/365 live physician support
- USACS Orientation and Assemblies
- Professional Development Programs including:
- Scholars (Leadership Training)
- Efficiency Academy
- Engagement & Experience Academy
- Internal USACS traveling physicians
- 348-bed, urban facility
- Founded by the Sisters of Saint Joseph in 1875
- Erie’s first hospital
- Full-service, mission-driven tertiary care and teaching hospital with strong commitment to quality
- Integrated health system as part of Allegheny Health Network
- Saint Vincent is a member of the community and continues to provide a continuum of services to fit the health care needs of the region.
- Residencies in emergency medicine, ENT, family medicine, and orthopedics; fellowship in sports medicine
- Saint Vincent has been nationally recognized for quality, including a Top 10 Hospital for Patient Safety in Overall Surgical Care, Cancer Care, Cardiac Care and Joint Replacement from CareChex by Quantros.
Erie is a beautiful, medium-sized city situated on the south central shores of Lake Erie. Erie lies between Cleveland, OH, Buffalo, NY and Pittsburgh, PA, and was recently ranked among the nation's most livable communities.
There are a number of beautiful, established suburban and urban communities including lakeside developments and tree-lined streets with Victorian homes proximate to excellent public and private schools. Abundant recreational options include arts and culture (Erie Philharmonic, Erie Art Museum, and several theatre companies), semi-pro and professional sports (Seawolves baseball, Otters -Ontario Hockey League, to name a few) plus collegiate sports from Gannon University, Mercyhurst College, Edinboro University and Penn State-Behrend. There is also a local NASCAR track. Outdoor recreation includes Presque Isle State Park beaches, the Seaway Trail along the lakefront, and a variety of winter activities including skiing, snowmobile trails, and ice skating. There is no shortage of family fun activities, from Waldameer amusement park to the renowned Splash Lagoon indoor waterpark to the Children's Museum, the options are endless.
Erie is home to the largest medical school in the country, Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine.
The region is also famous for growing grapes and produces the third-largest amount of wine in the United States. The Erie International Airport provides many daily flights and connections for convenient travel.
Other USACS services at this location
- 12-bed observation unit
- 12-hour shifts 7a-7p and 7p-7a
- Must be an experienced NP/PA
As an Associate ED Medical Director at USACS, you will be responsible for collaborating with the ED Medical Director, hospital, and nursing leadership while offering support to your physician staff. Not only will you serve as a leader within the emergency department, you will also serve as a leader within the organization. Through our model of shared ownership, you will have an influence on broad company decisions and help facilitate the development of new leaders.
With USACS, you will be part of a team unique in today's industry. USACS provides physicians with ownership, unparalleled benefits and the opportunity to practice within a values-based model emphasizing quality of care, long-term wealth, and building a culture of shared ownership. USACS physicians enjoy the security and resources of a large, national group without sacrificing the advantages typically found in local EM groups.
Review position details below and apply online:
- Oversee the operations of the ED in collaboration with the ED Medical Director, nursing leadership and hospital administration
- Participate in Quality Assurance for the department
- Represent the ED in the community and within the hospital medical staff
CONTACT A RECRUITER
Talk to a recruiter about positions staffed by USACS. Let our experienced team lead you through the career maze of competitive salaries, signing bonuses, retirement plans, insurance and medical malpractice coverage.