Saint Vincent Hospital
Location: Erie, PA
ED Volume: 61,000Contact a Recruiter
- Comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Physician equity ownership without buy-in
- Industry leading, company funded retirement (an additional 10% to your 401k)
- Student Loan Refinancing as low as 2.99%
- CME/BEA (Business Expense Account) - $8,000 first year, then $4,000 annually
- Occurrence based medical malpractice including tail
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage (single or family)
- Groundbreaking parental, partner and adoptive paid leave; and flexible self-scheduling for new parents
- Leadership and clinical training opportunities unique to USACS
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
- The support you need to provide the best patient-centered care
- Founded by the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Northwestern Pennsylvania in 1875, Saint Vincent Hospital is the Erie area’s first hospital. This full-service, mission-driven tertiary care and teaching hospital maintains a strong commitment to quality. The 384-bed, urban facility is located in the city of Erie and is highly regarded in the region.
- Saint Vincent has evolved into an integrated Health System and is part of the Allegheny Health Network, providing patients with an outpatient network spread across the entire region. Saint Vincent remains a member of the community and continues to provide a continuum of services to fit the healthcare needs of the region.
- In addition to an Osteopathic Emergency Medicine residency-training program, Saint Vincent also hosts residencies in ENT, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Ophthalmology and Orthopedics, and fellowship in Sports Medicine.
- Saint Vincent has been nationally recognized for its quality efforts multiple times, recently becoming one of only two hospitals in the country to receive the Premier Award for Quality by the Premier healthcare alliance for three consecutive years. The award recognizes leading healthcare organizations that efficiently provide outstanding patient care and consistently set the standard in clinical excellence.
- Joint venture created with AHN to provide Emergency Medicine services
- Efficient, 32-bed ED provides for a highly-functioning department
- Modern and well-equipped department includes two ultrasound machines, two types of video laryngoscopes, and more
- STEMI Center with Heart Stat Program affiliated with The Cleveland Clinic Vascular Institute
- Stroke Center in collaboration with The Cleveland Clinic Telestroke Network for the diagnosis and treatment of stroke patients through new video-conferencing telemedicine equipment
- Hospital provides full diagnostic and lab capabilities, including CT, open MRI and ultrasound
- Broad mix of pathology
- Nursing staff is among the most experienced in the region
- Active in EMS, Saint Vincent’s emergency department provides medical command to multiple services and offers education and training to local providers
Located in northwestern Pennsylvania on the south-central shores of Lake Erie, the city of Erie is situated directly between Cleveland, OH, Buffalo, NY and Pittsburgh, PA. There are a number of beautiful, established suburban and urban communities, including lakeside developments and tree-lined streets with Victorian homes proximate to excellent public and private schools. Abundant recreational options include arts and culture (Erie Philharmonic, Erie Art Museum, and several theatre companies), semi-pro and professional sports (Seawolves baseball, Otters -Ontario Hockey League, BayHawks NBA development team to name a few) plus collegiate sports from Gannon University, Mercyhurst College, Edinboro University and Penn State-Behrend. There is also a local NASCAR track. Outdoor recreation includes Presque Isle State Park beaches, the Seaway Trail along the lakefront, and a variety of ski resorts in the region.
The region is also famous for growing grapes and produces the third-largest amount of wine in the United States. The Erie International Airport provides for many daily flights and connections for convenient travel.