You got into medicine to do one thing: care for patients. You've come to the right place.
Ours is a physician-owned group, the largest in the nation, meaning we have built a model that allows our physicians to focus on our mission: to care for patients. It also means we are built to last, with the size, resources, and opportunities of a national company.
At US Acute Care Solutions you will get ownership in the group, access to the very best post-residency continuing medical education in the nation, and a culture devoted to constant improvement by practicing evidence, science-based medicine. But most importantly, you’ll get colleagues who, as leaders of their own destiny, are committed to a culture of shared ownership over our common goal: outstanding patient care.
- 168-bed community hospital
- New 18 bed Emergency Department to be finished in spring of 2020
- Strong EMS relationship
- Major burns and pediatrics are transferred via established regional transfer center
- Service back-up includes neurology, tele psychiatry, and pediatrics; immediate cardiology response is mandated for emergency cardiac consults; Interventional Cardiac Lab and STEMI Team 24/7
- Excellent equipment includes 2 CTs, 1 MRI and access to MRI 24/7, plus 1 dedicated emergency department ultrasound machine
- Hospital received an A rating from the prestigious Leapfrog Group's Hospital Safety Grades
- ED Volume: 22,000
- 22% admission rate representing 85% of total hospital admissions
- 17 treatment areas
- Efficient rectangular layout with central nursing station
- High acuity facility with broad community type pathology including pediatrics, medical, surgical, and geriatrics
- High quality nursing staff with excellent team approach
- Full Department status; ED physicians do not write admitting orders for hospitalist admissions
- Radiology room located adjacent to ED with dedicated tech 24 hours per day; ultrasound machine available in ED; Glide-scope available in ED
- Currently using Cerner with dynamic docs and M Modal for documentation
- Active Hospitalists facilitate over 90% of medical admissions
- APP staffing 9-10 hours daily
An active fishing port and working waterfront on the Anclote River and Gulf of Mexico makes this a uniquely charming community, 45 minutes north of St. Petersburg.