You got into medicine to do one thing: care for patients. You've come to the right place.
Ours is a physician-owned group, the largest in the nation, meaning we have built a model that allows our physicians to focus on our mission: to care for patients. It also means we are built to last, with the size, resources, and opportunities of a national company.
At US Acute Care Solutions you will get ownership in the group, access to the very best post-residency continuing medical education in the nation, and a culture devoted to constant improvement by practicing evidence, science-based medicine. But most importantly, you’ll get colleagues who, as leaders of their own destiny, are committed to a culture of shared ownership over our common goal: outstanding patient care.
- Medium-sized, full-service community hospital situated in a southern suburban area of Akron, Ohio
- Modern facility is well equipped with recent renovations including newly renovated ED.
- Very responsive back-up maintains good rapport with the Emergency Department and represents all specialties; only major trauma and severe pediatric cases are transferred; excellent support when needed is just minutes away at Akron Children’s Hospital
- ED Volume: 33,000
- Efficient newly-renovated department with 42-beds including 10-bed fast track
- All new imaging equipment including; Lab and x-ray, which are located adjacent to the ED and have quick turnaround times;ultrasound 24 hours/day (Monday-Thursday and on call weekends); brand new CT which is available 24 hours/day
- Upcoming, renovation of the existing nuclear medicine department
- Emergency physicians do not write admitting orders or respond to floor codes
Neighboring a rapidly growing suburban area, the hospital offers easy access to many amenities including the local dining and shopping of Akron and Canton. The major metropolitan attractions of Cleveland, which include a highly evolved cultural community, Indians baseball, Browns football, Cavaliers basketball, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and the dining/night life of The Flats are about 40 minutes away. The local area boasts excellent housing including waterfront living on a local chain of lakes and access to neighborhoods with excellent public and parochial schools. Beautiful parks and local lakes further contribute to the high quality of life available in the area.