As an EM physician within USACS, you'll be part of a team unique in today's industry. USACS provides physicians with ownership, unparalleled benefits and the opportunity to practice within a values-based model emphasizing quality, long-term wealth building and a culture of shared ownership. USACS physicians enjoy the security and resources of a large, national group without sacrificing the advantages typically found in local EM groups.
Review position details below and apply online:
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE INCLUDING:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Physician equity ownership
- Industry-leading and company funded retirement (up to $27,500 annually)
- Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave and flexible self-scheduling for new parents
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- CME/BEA (Business Expense Account) $8,000 first year, then $4,000 annually
- Comprehensive full-family medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Leadership and clinical training opportunities unique to USACS
- Outstanding Developmental and Risk Management Programs
- Medium-sized, full-service community hospital situated in a southern suburban area of Akron, Ohio
- Modern facility is well equipped with recent renovations including newly renovated ED.
- Very responsive back-up maintains good rapport with the Emergency Department and represents all specialties; only major trauma and severe pediatric cases are transferred; excellent support when needed is just minutes away at Akron Children’s Hospital
- Efficient newly-renovated department with 42-beds including 10-bed fast track
- Lab and x-ray are located adjacent to the ED and have quick turnaround times; ultrasound 24 hours/day (Monday-Thursday and on call weekends); CT is available 24 hours/day
- Emergency physicians do not write admitting orders or respond to floor codes
Neighboring a rapidly growing suburban area, the hospital offers easy access to many amenities including the local dining and shopping of Akron and Canton. The major metropolitan attractions of Cleveland, which include a highly evolved cultural community, Indians baseball, Browns football, Cavaliers basketball, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and the dining/night life of The Flats are about a 40 minutes away. The local area boasts excellent housing including waterfront living on a local chain of lakes and access to neighborhoods with excellent public and parochial schools. Beautiful parks and local lakes further contribute to the high quality of life available in the area.