Benefits & Wellness
We know that the pandemic of COVID19 has touched each one of us in one way or another. As clinicians on the frontline and our non-clinicians who are supporting our clinicians who care for patients, this can be a very trying time filled with uncertainty and stress.
While overall wellness is important all year round, it is at times like this that it can be tested.
The HR Total Rewards team has pulled together a variety of resources that you can leverage, some of which we have always had available, but most of which are new!
Please don’t underestimate the importance of Mental Health either for yourself or for others. As a reminder, we have some resources that you can avail yourself to if you ever need to decompress or seek counseling as referenced below.
1. EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (EAP) offered via ComPsych/Guidance Resources
EAP provides 24/7 access to professional and confidential support to help you manage stress, anxiety, grief, financial concerns, resiliency, and much more. If you are feeling isolated during this time of quarantine, frustrated with lack of control over when all of this will end, concerned about your future, unable to articulate why you feel however you feel, etc. and the list goes on – these are all reasons to contact someone.
Available to all employees and dependents in the household:
- Call 800-311-4327
- 3 free sessions per person, per issue, per year
- Can be conducted telephonically or through video in lieu of face-to-face meetings
- Additional resources available online: guidanceresources.com Organization ID is GEN311
- Visit with a Physician – if you are concerned about symptoms you are experiencing and wonder if you should go to the doctor, OR if you have symptoms and you require a quick prescription, you can get seen in the comfort of your own home ($45 fee will apply at each visit until deductible is hit, unless you are enrolled in the Gold or Platinum plan)
- Visit with mental health physicians; in addition to the EAP resource mentioned above, if you need additional assistance, this is another option (copays will apply at each visit for every member)
- You can request an appointment through their website (teladoc.com) or through their mobile app
3. OPTUMRx mail order prescriptions (90 days’ worth of medication)
As a reminder, should you be concerned about filling your prescriptions in a timely fashion, there is the option for 90-day Home Mail Order:
- Create an account at here to request prescriptions be switched to mail order
- Call 844-785-1599 to speak to an OptumRx representative
- In light of COVID19, OptumRx has temporarily implemented an early refill policy for maintenance medications to allow members to obtain early refills of their prescription medications if they have refills remaining on file at a participating retail or mail-order pharmacy
We have arranged a variety of partnerships with select companies and also collated other offerings that companies are providing free of charge in this current environment:
1. BETTER HELP (be on the lookout for an email invite at your work email address)Unlimited all-inclusive access to licensed, trained, experienced, and accredited psychologists(PhD / PsyD), marriage and family therapists (LMFT), clinical social workers (LCSW / LMSW), and board licensed professional counselors (LPC).Offering one free month and a 30% discount for each additional month.
Offering one free month and a 30% discount for each additional month.
2. HEADSPACE (Guided Meditation)
If you are a healthcare professional, you can redeem your subscription using your National Provider Identifier (NPI) and email address.
Online therapy with a licensed/certified therapist – various plans available on every device (laptop, tablet, smartphone).
Talkspace is offering up to 1,000 free months on a first come first serve basis to all doctors, APPs and social workers. To take advantage of this offer, download the app and provide your NPI and state of residence for verification.
Even if you are unable to secure a free month, the cost is $265 per month and they have a TAKECARE150 discount code which saves you $150.
Guided meditations, sleep meditations, access to meditation coaches to improve mindfulness.
STEPS TO REDEEM YOUR COMPLIMENTARY SUBSCRIPTION CODE
(It is very important that you do things in this order to avoid any issues.)
- Start by tapping or clicking hereto get to the redemption page
- Create an account on that website (or, if you already have an account, sign into your Ten Percent Happier account where it says "Already have an account? Sign In.”)
- Make a note of the way you registered your account — using email/password OR Sign up with Apple OR Sign up with Facebook — you’ll need it when you sign into the Ten Percent Happier app on your mobile device.
- Enter your Gift Code: HEALTHCARE (case sensitive).
- Tap or click Redeem. → You have applied this coupon code to your account
- Download the iPhone App or Android App on your mobile device (if you haven't already).
- IMPORTANT: please log into the app using the same method you used to claim your code on the website.
You should now have access to Ten Percent Happier.
As daily routines continue to change, obtain access to online and streaming workouts from home:
5. FREE ONLINE WORKOUTS FROM VARIOUS GYMS
e.g. Gold’s Gym, Orange Theory, Planet Fitness, etc.
6. YOGA CLASSES
Yoga, pilates & barre classes online at a discount, courtesy of Andy Jenis (USACS provider) and his wife
7. PELOTON APP
Access to Peloton’s full library of classes. Take a mix of yoga, meditation, strength, cycling, running and more. They will remind you three days before your trial ends so you won't be accidentally billed, and you can cancel anytime.
8. TEAM BODY PROJECT
Some free workouts available on YouTube for all fitness levels; you can also feel free to subscribe, new workouts and programs added often.
9. HOME CHEF
Easy-to-follow recipes and fresh pre-portioned ingredients delivered to your door
USACS special discount: $100 off your first 4 boxes
Free coffee for doctors, APPs, hospital and medical staff and medical researchers
11. UBER EATS
$0 delivery fee for local restaurants
GO TO THE PARTICIPANT RESOURCE HUB>>
Fidelity has compiled a variety of resources that you can reference during this challenging financial time. You can access the information by clicking on the link above and logging into your Fidelity NetBenefits account.
13. APRIL – FINANCIAL AWARENESS MONTH
We will be sharing several additional tools and resources that will be able to assist you. Stay tuned for additional NEW voluntary benefits you will be able to leverage inclusive of credit card debt management as well as student loan refinancing.
While school is on pause, kids of all ages listen free, no sign up, no commitment; just explore & start listening
15. LIVE KIDS STREAMING EVENTS
16. FREE KIDS EDUCATIONAL SUBSCRIPTIONS (While out of school)
- Kids Activities Blog
- Interactive videos for grade school – middle school
- Science mom videos thru middle school
- All Trails is a great app and website for finding trails and hikes with descriptions by difficulty, length, elevation, etc. and reviews. Interactive map for finding trails and staying on them. The basic version of the app is free, and website is excellent.
- 7 Tips to Manage Working from Home During the Coronavirus Outbreak
- Confronting Feelings of Powerlessness During the Coronavirus Outbreak
- 8 Grounding Techniques When You’re Feeling Overwhelmed
- 6 Mental Health Tips for Parents During the Coronavirus Outbreak
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Does zinc prevent infection?
Zinc does not prevent infection, but it can have anti-viral properties. Interestingly, zinc can also cause anosmia (reduced sense of smell and taste) which is being reported as an early sign of COVID-19 infection.
2. Sleep tips? Does melatonin help?
Melatonin is safe and there is published evidence that it helps some people. L-theanine is widely used in Europe with published evidence that it can help sleep and help with racing/uncontrolled thoughts. Very safe with no significant side effects.
3. What are the best ways to get Vitamin C?
Check out this article
4. Tips to Eating Healthy?
Check out this article