Fellowship - Virtual Health Equity
US Acute Care Solutions | Virtual (Geographically flexible)
- Focus: One-year, mentored experience for aspirational leaders interested in a career in health equity in acute care (including EM, HM, and ICU). These fellows will facilitate changes to improve their communities as well as care across the acute care continuum.
- Fellowship Director: Jayne Kendall MD, MBA, CDE, CPE - [email protected]
- Highlights: The USACS Health Equity Fellowship is designed to develop and train EM, HM, or ICU physicians to become subject matter experts in health equity. This fellowship is critical to our work to create leaders who can drive meaningful policy and structural changes in acute care. Through this program, fellows will acquire knowledge and understanding of translating concepts of health equity, public policy, ethics, and social medicine to improve our communities and patient care. Under the direction of USACS Chief of Clinician Engagement Dr. Jayne Kendall, the fellowship can be accomplished from any USACS clinical site. Fellows have a national role in USACS and are mentored by the Chief Medical Officer team, participate in health equity projects, writing and educational opportunities including conferences, and have opportunities to establish and implement projects and policies that address the social determinants of health.
- Comprehension of the relationship between health equity and the social determinants of health (SDOH)
- Policies, procedures, and innovations that address and reduce health disparities
- Understanding on how acute care physicians contribute to health equity research, education and reduce disparities
- USACS Leadership experience
CONTACT THE Fellowship Director