Experienced Leadership is critical for hospital system success. That's why US Acute Care Solutions (USACS) has developed our USACS Scholars Program with two discreet tracks:
- The Physician Scholars Program designed to train future Medical Directors
- The APP Scholars Program designed to train future Site APP Leads
The Scholars Program has a proven track record of success with over 90% of participating physicians and APPs having assumed a leadership role within USACS!
"The opportunity to participate in Scholars has led to more personal and professional realization than I could have imagined in such a short time ."
Revathi Jyothindran, MD
Scholars Program Content
- Collaborative learning sessions bring you up close and personal with the vibrant culture of USACS. Clinical and administrative leaders engage with Scholars over the course of the year. You will enjoy unparalleled access to the leadership team that continues to build USACS.
- Web conferences keep us connected and making progress despite our geographic barriers. You will hone and polish presentation skills, regularly apprising the team of your updates. Additionally, you will learn to listen and focus on ensuring this technology is vital and maximally useful. These meetings are scheduled between independent learning sessions to minimize gaps in development over the year.
- Assigned reading and guided assignments provide in-depth learning and exploration of topics at a more relaxed pace. Reading assignments focus on fundamental resources that are at the core of “business-speak” as well as novel and cutting-edge approaches to leadership. Physician and APPs learn the language of business so they can effectively communicate with non-clinical leaders. Leadership assumptions will be challenged, and ideas explored with group discussions on our online community-of-practice.
- Our bi-annual Assemblies are USACS’ way of staying in-touch with physicians, APPs, and site leadership. During these sessions we all come together for intense collaboration and decision making. As a USACS Scholar, you get a front row seat. Each of these forums include a Scholars-focused session in addition to the larger conference content.
- You will learn effective recruitment techniques to make professional connections, discover top talent, and find new physicians and APPs for your site and the practice as a whole.
- You will learn from leaders in the acute care spectrum about opportunities to be involved in leadership at the local, regional, state, and national levels of organizations that support prehospital, emergency department, hospitalist, and critical care.
- Each Scholar is paired with a Clinical Resource Group (CRG) associate for robust, hands-on learning in the field of project management and continuous process improvement. Learn how to successfully take an idea to fruition – from design to implementation and ongoing management – while learning about the challenges and opportunities of navigating a business framework.
The Scholars Program is competitive and demands a significant investment of time and energy. In exchange, you receive unparalleled opportunities to refine, practice, and embrace your leadership potential.
Think you have what it takes to be a Scholar? Are you ready to enhance your leadership abilities, communication skills and put your personal growth into overdrive? Are you ready to serve others and make a difference in your community and USACS?
Contact USACS to learn more about our Scholars Program.