As an emergency medicine physician at USACS, you will be part of a team dedicated to excellence, clinical autonomy and shared ownership. You will be responsible for treating and stabilizing acutely ill patients with life threatening conditions, while displaying proficiency in basic and critical emergency medicine skills.
Review position details below and apply online:
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE:
- Highly competitive financial/benefits package
- Physician equity ownership for all full-time physicians
- Industry-leading and company funded 401k (an additional 10%)
- Yearly CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Professional development programs
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
- Well-known for the advancements in healthcare particularly in geriatric medicine, hospice and palliative care, women's health, bariatrics, oncology, orthopedics and cardiology.
- Level 1 Trauma Center, a Certified Chest Pain Center and a Certified Stroke Center. Awarded nursing's highest honor - Magnet® recognition - by the American Nurses Credentialing center. Only six percent of hospitals in the United States are recognized as Magnet®
- Employs more than 5,000 individuals and its patients are served by more than 1,200 members of the medical staff.
- Akron City Hospital is the largest Hospital in the region, located in the heart of Akron Ohio.
- Level I Trauma Center
- 76 Patient Beds
- The ED also offers specialized emergency services for geriatric patients to best treat the area’s growing senior population
- AHA-Accredited Heart Attack Receiving Center with above national average STEMI System response rates.
The largest employer in Akron is Summa Health System which provides jobs to more than 10,700 people. More than 20 distinct neighborhoods are available to residents, and attractions include Firestone Country Club and three performance halls – including Akron Civic Theatre that opened in 1920. Akron is ideally located, with quick access to major cities like Cleveland, Columbus and Pittsburgh. A recent CNBC poll ranks Akron as one of the best cities in the United States for first-time home buyers. Akron was also listed by Business Week magazine as the eighth most affordable place to buy a home in America. Akron city officials are also proud of the arts and culture scene throughout the community, with sites such as the Akron Art Museum, Akron Civic Theatre, Cuyahoga Valley National Park and the Akron Zoo. Annual events include the All-American Soap Box Derby, a WGC-Bridgestone Invitational golf tournament at Firestone Country Club, and a National Hamburger Festival.