You got into medicine to do one thing: care for patients. You've come to the right place.
Ours is a physician-owned group, the largest in the nation, meaning we have built a model that allows our physicians to focus on our mission: to care for patients. It also means we are built to last, with the size, resources, and opportunities of a national company.
At US Acute Care Solutions you will get ownership in the group, access to the very best post-residency continuing medical education in the nation, and a culture devoted to constant improvement by practicing evidence, science-based medicine. But most importantly, you’ll get colleagues who, as leaders of their own destiny, are committed to a culture of shared ownership over our common goal: outstanding patient care.
- Friendly, 50-bed community hospital situated in a desirable suburban area 25 miles south of Pittsburgh
- Most major services are available and include Cardio, Gastro, Neuro, Ortho, OB and General Surgery
- The Allegheny Health Network provides for a continuum of care that includes world class treatment in every specialty and sub-specialty
- CT is available 24-7 with radiologist reads; ultrasound and MRI are available at all times except overnight
- ED Volume: 17,000
- Broad Pathology with 15% admission rate
- Recently renovated18-room ED, very nice and efficient
- Well-equipped, including GlideScope and ED ultrasound
- Electronic T-System charting, with planned change to Epic
- Excellent, experienced nursing staff
- Active EMS program with on-site medical directors providing medical command and education to a number of local services
- Psych, major trauma, complicated pediatric cases, emergency cath and acute MI/stroke cases are transferred
- Planned change to EPIC
- Telestroke program in conjunction with Allegheny Health Network Neurologists
- Engaged and experienced physician team
- Operationally efficient ED with the best throughput times in the region
Canonsburg is just 21 miles south of downtown Pittsburgh and is located in the region’s most desirable South Hills residential communities including Peters Township, Cecil, Upper St. Clair, Mt. Lebanon and Strabane. Pittsburgh has been designated many times as one of the country’s most livable cities. A friendly, hardworking character and sense of pride permeates the region and its unique neighborhoods. Originally a major industrial center, Pittsburgh has made the successful transition to an economy that is largely based on healthcare, education, technology (especially computer software and robotics), and financial services.
Pittsburgh hosts world class education including universities like Pitt and Carnegie Mellon, plus nationally recognized public and private schools. The residential options are vast and offer easy commuting from urban, suburban and rural amenities. The city and the region features dozens of parks and other outdoor recreational attractions including the riverfront and mountains. Pittsburghers are dedicated to their sports teams, including its major-league clubs — the Steelers, Penguins and Pirates. A beautiful downtown Cultural District is home to the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, Pittsburgh Ballet Theater, and Civic Light Opera and numerous theaters and galleries.