You got into medicine to do one thing: care for patients. You've come to the right place.
Ours is a physician-owned group, the largest in the nation, meaning we have built a model that allows our physicians to focus on our mission: to care for patients. It also means we are built to last, with the size, resources, and opportunities of a national company.
At US Acute Care Solutions you will get ownership in the group, access to the very best post-residency continuing medical education in the nation, and a culture devoted to constant improvement by practicing evidence-based medicine. But most importantly, you’ll get colleagues who, as leaders of their own destiny, are committed to a culture of shared ownership over our common goal: outstanding patient care.
- ED Volume: 38,000
- 39% admission rate
- 38 rooms
- Level II Trauma Center designation with full-time trauma services
- High acuity with 38% admission rate
- Department is situated in a functional layout that includes two nurse’s stations with certified emergency nurses
- Advanced airway video laryngoscopy available (Glidescope)
- 12 ECG transmission receiving units in ED
- Advanced hypothermia capability
- Decontamination room with exterior access
- Two cloud enabled ultrasound machines
- Full-service, 315-bed community hospital in the eastern suburbs of Pittsburgh
- Level II Trauma Center
- The modern, full-service hospital specializes in obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, behavioral sciences, oncology, emergency medicine, cardiology and diagnostic imaging
- All major specialties are represented including cardiology and surgical subspecialties
- Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Forbes Cardiology Diagnostic Center
- EMS/Paramedic training programs, providing a medical command to 11 local squads; EMS teaching options are available for interested physicians
- Responsive lab and x-ray; radiology is situated adjacent to the emergency department
- Advanced Cardiac Care program including interventional cardiac catheterization and open heart as well as EKOS and ECMO capability
- Newly accredited Chest Pain Center, first in the region
- Joint Commission-certified as Level II Stroke Center with telemedicine affiliation with the Allegheny General Hospital
- Advanced CT imaging, 64-slice Siemens CT imaging device adjacent to the Emergency department
- 24-hour available ultrasound and MRI, 24-hour in house anesthesiologist, pediatric, hospitalist, trauma surgery, general surgery, obstetrics, & intensivist services
- Full-Time EMS Medical Director
- Inpatient Mental Health Unit with four dedicated mental health rooms in ED with intake psychiatric coverage
Ranked by many sources as one of America’s most livable cities, Pittsburgh is a sophisticated metropolitan area with a hometown feel and is truly a wonderful place to live and work. From world-class museums, theater, symphony and all cultural options, to professional sports (Pirates baseball, Steelers football, Penguin hockey and Riverhounds soccer), outstanding shopping and dining, and easy access to some of the best outdoor recreation in the northeast (Laurel Mountains, water sports on Pittsburgh’s famous Three Rivers, Youghiogheny River white water, and more), Pittsburgh has something for everyone. The region continues its renaissance with the development of the waterfront and thriving metropolitan areas in town, and highly desirable suburbs with public and private schools ranked among the top 20% in the nation.
- Average visits per day: 19