You got into medicine to do one thing: care for patients. You've come to the right place.
Ours is a physician-owned group, the largest in the nation, meaning we have built a model that allows our physicians to focus on our mission: to care for patients. It also means we are built to last, with the size, resources, and opportunities of a national company.
At US Acute Care Solutions you will get ownership in the group, access to the very best post-residency continuing medical education in the nation, and a culture devoted to constant improvement by practicing evidence, science-based medicine. But most importantly, you’ll get colleagues who, as leaders of their own destiny, are committed to a culture of shared ownership over our common goal: outstanding patient care.
- Western Maryland Regional Medical Center is the flagship facility of Western Maryland Health System
- The facilities offer a comprehensive range of general and specialty services for medical, surgical, pediatric, geriatric and obstetric patients
- Sophisticated diagnostic testing services and state-of-the-art procedures are available
- Procedures including Diagnostic Cardiac Catheterization, Angioplasty and Open Heart Surgery are available on site
- ED Volume: 51,000
- The ED boasts a rapid medical evaluation unit to improve time to definitive treatment for moderate acute patients
- 48 beds
- 16 Fast Track beds
- 30 hours of physician coverage
- 40 hours of APP coverage
- Meditech EMR system
- Hospitalist Program
- 10% Pediatric visits
- A 20-bed Observation Unit exclusively for emergency medicine patients, with care provided by a separate and unique professional
- Approximately 3,800 patients/year
- Average patient length of stay <20 hours
- National observation program support and oversight
Tourists, tech companies, and a vibrant business community have made Cumberland a regional center, while the city’s picturesque neighborhoods, excellent public and private schools, restaurants, theaters, and many other attractions make it an ideal location to live, work, and play. Within an easy drive of Washington, DC, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh, Cumberland, while connected, is filled with families who’d rather go skiing, white water rafting, rock climbing, fishing, golfing, hiking, camping, or exploring in the beautiful mountains where they live.
Cumberland has a mix of public and private schools whose mission is to provide safe, happy places where kids can concentrate on learning. The schools host a number of academic competitions and athletic programs. In addition, four area colleges and universities are just a short drive from Cumberland.