Scholars Program: Creating Acute Care Leaders
Experienced Leadership is critical for hospital system success. That's why US Acute Care Solutions (USACS) has developed the USACS Scholars Program. This intensive one-year training course is designed to equip future physician leaders with a broad and diverse skillset through a curriculum centered on self-awareness, team building, conflict resolution and leadership skills.
Offering insight on a spectrum of emergency and acute care leadership topics, the USACS Scholars Program helps prepare physicians for the unique challenges and opportunities associated with integrated acute care.
The Scholars Program has a proven track record of success with over 90% of participants having assumed a leadership role within USACS!
"The opportunity to participate in Scholars has led to more personal and professional realization than I could have imagined in such a short time ." Katie Morgan, MD
Scholars Program Content
- Personal assessment & development
- Conflict management
- Strategy and growth
- Financial literacy
- Risk management
- Business of acute care medicine
- Contract vitality
- Patient-centered experience
- Team building
- Process flow operations
- Effective communication
- Clinical excellence
- Didactic sessions bring you up close and personal with the vibrant culture of USACS. Clinical and administrative leaders engage with Scholars over the course of the year. You will enjoy unparalleled access to the leadership team that continues to build USACS.
- Web conferences keep us connected and making progress despite our geographical barriers. You will hone and polish presentation skills, regularly apprising the team of your updates. Additionally, you will learn to listen and focus on ensuring this technology is vital and maximally useful. These meetings are scheduled between didactic sessions to minimize gaps in development over the year.
- Assigned reading and guided assignments provide in-depth learning and exploration of topics at a more relaxed pace. Reading assignments focus on fundamental books that are at the core of “business-speak” as well as novel and cutting edge approaches to leadership. Physicians learn the language of business so they can effectively communicate with non-clinical leaders. Leadership assumptions will be challenged, and ideas explored with group discussions on our online community-of-practice.
- Leadership Forums are USACS' way of staying in-touch with clinicians and site leadership. During these sessions we all come together for intense collaboration and decision making. As a USACS Scholar, you get a front row seat. Each of these forums include a Scholars-focused session in addition to the larger conference content.
- National conferences that align with advancing the strategy and science of leadership in acute care medicine and leadership are incorporated into the schedule.
- Advocacy training during this experience provides you with all the tools you need to be heard by local, regional and national political leaders.
- You will learn effective recruitment techniques to find new clinicians for your site and the company as a whole. An immersive experience at our ACEP booth gives you the chance to practice these skills and continue to learn from some of the most enthusiastic supporters of our company.
- You will learn from leaders in the acute care spectrum about opportunities to be involved in leadership at the local, regional, state and national levels of organizations that support prehospital, emergency department and hospitalist care.
- Administrative projects are among the tools USACS asks you to use in giving back. What is a great idea you have to improve flow or improve documentation or make a better work environment? Learn how to successfully take an idea to fruition, while learning about the challenges and opportunities of navigating a business framework.
The Scholars Program is competitive and demands a significant investment of time and energy. In exchange, you receive unparalleled opportunities to refine, practice and embrace your leadership potential.
Think you have what it takes to be a Scholar? Are you ready to enhance your leadership abilities, communication skills and put your personal growth into overdrive? Are you ready to serve others and make a difference in your community and USACS?
Contact USACS to learn more about our Scholars Program.