Scholars Program: Creating Emergency Medicine Leaders
Experienced Leadership is critical for hospital system success. That's why US Acute Care Solutions (USACS) has developed the USACS Scholars Program. This intensive one-year training course designed to equip future clinical leaders with a broad curriculum covering topics including self-awareness, teambuilding, conflict resolution and leadership skills.
Offering insight on a spectrum of emergency medicine management, hospital medicine management and observation medicine management topics, the USACS Scholars Program helps prepare clinicians for the unique challenges and opportunities associated with integrated acute care.
Over 70% of previous graduates have served as a site medical director and over 90% have served in some paid administrative role at USACS.
“The Scholars Program is an internal leadership development program designed to help foster leaders within the company." Annie M. Sinnot, DO
Scholars Program General Curriculum
- Personal Assessment & Development
- Conflict Management
- Strategy and Growth
- Risk Management
- Business of Emergency Medicine
- Contract Vitality
- Patient-Centered Experience
- Team Building
- Process Flow Operations
- Didactic sessions at our Canton, Ohio headquarters bring you up close and personal with the vibrant culture of USACS. Each physician executive participates over the course of the year. You will enjoy unparalleled access to the engaged and vibrant team that has built USACS. Average 14 days per program year usually in 2-3 day blocks of time.
- Web conferences keep us connected and making progress despite our geographical barriers. You will hone and polish your presentation skills, regularly apprising the team of your updates. Additionally, you will learn to listen and focus ensuring this technology is vital and maximally useful. Average 15-20 of these two-hour meetings per conference year.
- Leadership Forums are USACS' way of staying in-touch with the site leaders. Three times per year, we gather for a 3-4 day block of intense collaboration and decision making. As a USACS Scholar, you get a front row seat. Since we are all together, we use these locations as a great opportunity to include some Scholars time.
- ACEP Conferences/SHM round out the formal educational experience.
- ACEP Leadership and Advocacy Conference/SHM in Washington, D.C. every May
- Is a great time for your horizons to be expanded. Dr. Tony Cirillo, our Director of Health Policy & Legislative Advocacy, anchors this experience providing you with all the tools you need to be heard by our nation's political leaders.
- We take you to the National Symposium in the fall where you focus on recruitment. Being present in the booth is fun and instructive regarding USACS' opportunities.
- How can you contribute to the conversation in your state? Attend your state ACEP/SHM Chapter meeting to find out.
- Administrative projects are the tool USACS asks you to use in giving back. What is a great idea you have to improve flow or improve documentation or make a better work environment? Learn how to take this idea successfully to fruition.
Contact USACS to learn more about our Scholars Program.