Looking to specialize in emergency medicine, pediatric emergency medicine or ultrasound? Or if you have ideas for inventions that will change modern medicine, consider one of USACS’ prestigious fellowships with the top leaders in the United States.
- Focus: Developing the next generation of clinical educators in Emergency Medicine
- Highlights: Fellows will work with faculty at Doctors Hospital and with the national leaders of USACS to learn how to create and provide cutting-edge education within the field of Emergency Medicine
- Outcomes: Mastery of the topics of educational design and delivery, the role research plays in graduate medical education (GME) and GME’s most innovative delivery models
- Focus: Academic Emergency Medicine Leadership Development
- Personalized training utilizing all possible local and national resources of both Summa and USACS
- Activities include teaching, research, mentoring, executive committee meetings, promotion and tenure committee meetings, EM residency selection.
- Involvement in curricular design, lecture/small group discussion lead skills, resident and medical student assessment, the integration of simulation training into emergency medicine procedural and clinical skills
- Involvement in regional and national organizations related to emergency medicine education
- Upon successful completion, the Fellow will be well on his/her way to qualifying for academic promotion at most US medical schools and have many contacts and opportunities within EM.
- Option to obtain M.Ed. degree
Emergency Medicine Services Fellowships
- Focus: One-year, immersive experience in EMS medicine
- Highlights: Formal didactics, administrative experiences, exposure to air/ground critical care transport, ground EMS, paramedic/physician response units, and multiple elective opportunities including tactical EMS and
- Outcomes: Upon successful completion, the EMS Fellow is expected to be eligible for board-certification in Emergency Medicine.
- Focus: Rounded, one-year immersion in Emergency Medicine with OhioHealth
- Highlights: Involves clinical experiences, administrative experiences, hands-on practice, and structured learning in preparation for the clinical practice of EMS medicine and board certification. Fellows will experience rural, suburban and urban EMS systems as well as flight, ground, tactical, mass gathering, and EMS education aspects of medical direction
- Outcomes: Upon successful completion, the EMS Fellow is expected to be eligible for board certification in Emergency Medicine
US Acute Care Solutions | Virtual
- Focus: One-year, mentored experience for aspirational leaders interested in making a career in innovation in acute and emergency care
- Highlights: Under the direction of USACS National Director of Clinical Innovation Jesse Pines, the Fellowship can be accomplished from any USACS clinical site. Fellows have a national role in USACS and are mentored by the Chief Medical Officer team, participate in innovation projects, writing and educational opportunities, and have opportunities to develop and implement new care models such as telehealth, technology, novel payment approaches – as well as address timely clinical problems, such as the opioid crisis.
- Outcomes: USACS leadership; implementation of innovation
Pediatric Emergency Fellowships
- Focus: Pediatric Emergency Medicine Leadership Development
- Highlights: Intensive mentorship and scholarly activity at a large level one trauma center
- Outcomes: Greater specialization in pediatric emergency medicine
- Focus: One-year Emergency Ultrasound program (EUS) for Board Certified/Board Eligible Physicians
- Core and Advanced EUS Scanning Technique
- Quality Assurance
- Program Development and Management
- Resident / Medical Student Education
- Outcomes: Prepare Fellows for leadership roles in Emergency Ultrasound with specialized training
Fill out the form below to take the next step in your career.